Sunday, September 27, 2009

Don't Blink


Sitting beside my classmates, (all in their early twenties) I sometimes wonder how did I end up here? It seems like just yesterday when I was in my twenties, however I was raising two small children back then. My son Tim and my daughter Melissa, the brightest part of my entire life. I love them to death.

I was a stay at home mom in my late twenties when my kids started school, so I went to work as an aerobics instructor. After about eight years of instructing, I became the owner of the women's exercise center called, Fine Figure Salon. After nine years as a small business owner, a motorcycle accident kept me from working as much in my own business, so I sold it. Went to work for the chiropractor that helped me after my accident. Then went to work for a travel agency. Finally ended up building TVs at Sony.

I wanted to work at least ten years for a pension and 401k savings. I was there for eight years, when Sony sent my job to Mexico. Now our government is helping me to further my education. So here I sit, with the youth of our country.

2 comments:

  1. Well as hard as life seems sometimes, I am glad you made it to where you are today! Because I enjoy you sitting next to me in class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jordy! I guess it is not so bad sitting next to you too!

    ReplyDelete